We’ll make this post very simple. What we have here is a growing case for academic and journalistic dishonesty on the part of Dr. John Giduck. He’s the same guy that wants to consult for schools on school shootings like Sandy Hook.  Good luck to anyone that hires a guy like John Giduck.

The lesson here is that, like any lie, many other details stop falling into place when the lie changes. Conversations that supposedly where captured as the siege was ongoing no longer look real. Moreover, details about the school itself don’t take into account the changes in the story.

Let’s look at an example of how John Giduck’s story about Beslan no longer fits the facts.


John Giduck has changed his story several times as to his arrival date. John Giduck’s previous claims ranged from arrival “during the final assault” on 3 Sept to “the morning after the final assault” or 4 Sept 2004.  His original story had him arriving just as the siege was ending.  Here is an example from 2006. No correction was ever issued despite the story being part of a first person interview which John Giduck must have read.

“When Russian Special Forces units stormed the terrorist held school in Beslan on Sept. 3, 2004, John Giduck was landing in Moscow with his Archangel team of tactical consultants, including former Soviet Spetsnaz commandos. Giduck reached Beslan while the school was still smoking from the fires ignited by the Chechen terrorists; bombs and bodies of the more than 344 victims of the siege were still being removed. The experience changed Giduck’s life and led him to become one of the busiest law enforcement speakers and trainers in America.

From an intro for a 2006 interview with John Giduck  (http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/print/story/2006/09/the-harbinger-1.aspx)

John Giduck now says that he arrived in Beslan on 5 Sept 2004. Why would John Giduck change his story? This was a change driven by uncomfortable questions about his arrival date after careful scrutiny of what can only be described as an impossible timeline to have arrived by the end of the Beslan siege on 3 September 2004.

Going to Beslan

In his own words, here is a quote given to us by Dr John Giduck about what prompted the trip:

When John Giduck and Yuri Ferdigalov arrived in Russia late on Sept 4 they were immediately briefed by a couple of ex-spetsnaz people they knew as to what had happened. Vladikavkaz airport had been closed and John Giduck and Yuri Federov were on one of the first flights into the area once the battle was over and the area secured.

John Giduck and Yuri Ferdigalov were in the School at Beslan on Sept 5.

– Taken from a SOCNETLies blog post dated 26 March 2012 with information provided by John Giduck

We don’t believe that the evidence supports that he ever was in Beslan in early September 2004.  John Giduck has never produced a shred of hard evidence demonstrating that he was in Beslan when he claims.

Read more: John Giduck’s Improbable Timeline For Travel To Beslan Russia


John Giduck has a number of “first hand” observations from the school that he published in an error filled book entitled, Terror At Beslan.  Here is an example of some of the first hand that John Giduck wrote about:


– Page 312, Terror At Beslan

So, John Giduck had the following observations

-He saw twisted metal and building material

– He could barely walk through many areas if the school

– There were possibly still booby traps in the rubble

But the first hand observations aren’t limited to just Terror At Beslan.  Here is what John Giduck “recalled” during a 2008 telephone interview captured for a magazine article:

“There’s no way you can walk into a situation like that and not be affected by it,” Giduck said recently in a phone interview from his home in Golden, Colorado…. “And to walk into a school, and you’ve got 384 dead people, mostly women and children, 186 kids, and many of those kids burned to death in that gym, when the ceiling collapsed in on them, and that gym was collapsed in flames. The smell of that alone, all those kids burned to death, is something that you are never going to get out of your head.”

Taken from Beslan’s Lessons For America, Inside Homeland Security Magazine – Fall 2008 (http://www.abchs.com/xsecure/chs/pdf/archives/IHSfall08.pdf)


Evidence has just been found that claims that bulldozers cleared all of the rubble from the Beslan school on 4 Sept 2004. This coincides with other evidence showing that all of the bodies had been removed by 4 Sept as well.   Each of these events would have occurred a full day before John Giduck arrived in Beslan.

Here is the new evidence:

The questions are hard to answer, in part because most hard evidence disappeared when bulldozers hauled away the rubble  and scraped the gymnasium floor clean the day after the siege ended.


BESLAN, Russia, Sept. 4 — The broken bodies of hundreds of children were pulled from the rubble of this bereaved town’s School No. 1 on Saturday…Workers cleared the rubble, using a bulldozer to scoop up the debris. Refrigerated trucks took the bodies away.


BESLAN, Russia, Sept. 5 — Amid all the charred rubble, it was the shoes that somehow stood out…The shoes were practically all that was left in the gymnasium of School No. 1. Shoes and a lone belt, a deflated purple balloon, a bottle of wine, a puffy elastic band for a little girl’s ponytail.


The article from 5 Sept 2004 also has a corroborating photograph from the AP (photo credit is in the image).  I’ve added the red arrow to show that no rubble, rebar, bodies, or twisted metal at the school as John Giduck claims.  They had all been taken away.


So, take a moment to read the “first hand observations” from John Giduck again in the context of the above photo. John Giduck is clearly lying. There was no rubble and no bodies in the Beslan school on 5 September 2004 about which John Giduck could have possibly made such first hand observations such as the ones that he published in his book, Terror At Beslan.  John Giduck also later recalls other first hand observations years later that appear to be equally fabricated.

So, the question remains, how could have John Giduck observed what he claims in his book and also not known that bulldozers had cleared up the wreckage the day before his arrival?  I suspect it is because John Giduck was not present at Beslan when he claims.  If there was no twisted wreckage (and there isn’t as evidenced above), then John Giduck is lying about his arrival date at the school.

The evidence supporting this continues to grow.


Are John Giduck And Archangel’s Yuri Ferdigalov Fooling Everyone Again?

More Evidence Supporting John Giduck Wasn’t In Beslan When He Claims

New Evidence Disproves John Giduck’s Claimed 5 September 2004 Arrival in Beslan

Terror At Beslan’s John Giduck Varies On First Day School Siege Details